Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fredericton Vehicle Auctions>fredericton

My project

This morning I finally recovered my luggage. I was in the office of Brussels Airlines in Mamba Point, Monrovia center (where I lived the first time, this time I'm on the outskirts, in a place called Congo Town), and I could take two interesting differences compared with three years ago: there are many machines and many more several banks. I do not know if you can define its own signs of improvement, but I'll tell you when I got an idea about a bit 'more of the situation. A road was closed because they were resurfaced and the driver assured me that the president himself (or as some will remember the name Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf) is handling the project, with the same pride with which we speak of someone Mr. B. and the bridge over the Strait. About mister B.: last night, drinking my beloved beer Club (Monrovia Brewery Inc.) under the beautiful African night sky, a colleague of mine asked me how to carry Kenyan sex scandals of our premier. Hurrah!
Meanwhile, I understood a little 'more about the meaning of my mission.
Abstract: My NGO has several sections and each of these in recent years has implemented a project in Monrovia. The first time I came, I worked in a hospital run by the French section, which plays any type of surgery and was closed shortly after my departure to coincide with the resumption of activities the main government hospital in Monrovia, JFK Memorial Hospital.
remain two problems: firstly, the JFK is not sufficient to address all the needs of more than one million people living in Monrovia, continue to be no other doctors. The relationship is always one doctor per 100,000 inhabitants: Thirty doctors, one more one less, throughout Liberia. There are still training for a new class of doctors and those who can not go to study abroad and then return to work in Liberia. Several NGOs then, and among them was the English section of the mine, have extended their presence to try to give a little 'breathing the state structures. After several postponements, now also my current hospital, the Benson Hospital, is gradually reducing its activities, focusing mainly on training of local staff in a few months will begin to work independently in a new hospital, built in partnership between the Ministry of Liberian NGOs and my health. The date for the transfer of assets and for the final closure of the project is scheduled for June.
service Anesthesia was maintained over the past four months by nurses, aged between 55 and 63 years, which come out fairly well (at this point one might wonder what need to have studied for ten years if the same work can be done even by those who have spent less than half, but here we open a chapter on the development of anesthesiology and the role of the anesthetist in the northern countries of the world that is beyond the scope Liberian this outing). Sometimes, however, encounter some problems, especially in the management of patients in emergencies and fragile, so it was decided a program in two stages: a first anesthesiologist came here in November and has been involved in doing some 'theoretical training, the cooling studies that have addressed the 4 nurses several years ago. To me it is to complete the journey by doing a little 'monitoring and identifying and acting on main shortcomings of each of them to enable it to improve. That is so very interesting, but from practical point of view I do not know what we can really do in three weeks (there were four, but the first now has gone from Athens, travel, interviews and so on). Unless they postpone me home early, because the Liberian bureaucracy has grown at least as much traffic Mamba Point and now, to work here, will also have a state exam before a committee of the Ministry of Health. I will let you know when it will be, so mom Board will light a candle as she used to before my exams!

0 comments:

Post a Comment