Monday, February 1, 2010

Cysts Recruitment Agency

Atene 1

Here Athens everything ok, except that you were night I ate at a restaurant biological "herb balls" that, considering the lethargy that still covers me, probably did not contain only the coasts and spinach ...
Meanwhile, a few hours later than me, my luggage has arrived and I'm happy. For the rest of the talks, visa and vaccinations as practice.
Given that my nephew Carolina (6 years) asked me "Why do not you go to help children in Haiti?" I waved at Malpensa airport in Milan anesthesiologist a friend of mine who was leaving with my NGOs in Haiti itself, the surgeon in Hong Kong when I was in Gaza Last year I wrote on Facebook to get information that will leave for Haiti in mid-month, Fiammetta wrote a comment on my blog (honored, as will have something else to think about these days), my friend neonatologist Bridge , on a mission to Haiti, I wrote that the anesthesiologist of his hospital is too crazy to work I will devote another thought to the Caribbean island so longed for.
Then, as James points out, accept that not everything depends on us.

few days ago, I discussed with My friend David on the proposal by Minister Frattini to cancel Haiti's debt to Italy. In the latest issue of International (831, 29 January 2010) I found this little article that seems to offer an interesting contribution to this issue of foreign debt.
"In an effort to help Haiti, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is using the same policies in the past have made the country poorer and more fragile. The IMF has announced another loan of one hundred million dollars to the island. But the loan is granted by section deferred credit Fund, to which Haiti is already $ 165 million. These loans are granted under certain conditions, including higher prices for electricity, the containment of public wages and inflation. According to the proponents of debt relief, the IMF used the crisis and the debt as leverage to impose neo-liberal reforms.
History repeats itself. The impoverishment of Haiti began when slaves and gens de couleur free formed an alliance to rid the country by the French in 1804. But in 1825, Haiti was again a slave: the foreign debt. To prevent France and other Western powers to impose the embargo, agreed to pay 150 million francs in compensation to the owners of slaves. To do so, he borrowed million francs by French banks, German and American. In 1947 he paid about 60 percent of its debt. In 2003, President Aristide asked France to return the sums paid. A few months later, he was removed by a coup and forced to leave the country under the threat of armed Americans.
From a report by the Center for International Policy in 2008 indicate that in 2003 Haiti has spent 57.4 million dollars in interest on debt and foreign aid for education, health and other services amounted to only 39.21 million. In other words, despite the apparent kindness of strangers, Haiti has always returned more than he received. Richard Kim, The Nation. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment