Monday, February 2, 2009

What Do The Gel Bracklets Mean?

Milk and Gati: two stories of law

new look at the blog . I just want to give a refresher. Outside
gray skies and rain. Inside peaceful environment, salt lamp lit on the table in the background and the psychedelic new album from Julie's Haircut (short review on Rockol).
A good atmosphere to write, among other things I (re) started writing with pen and paper. In the morning, for me and not read what I write: a flow of thoughts.

So here we can discuss various things. One could speak of "Milk ," the Gus Van Sant starring Sean Penn a wonderful (Oscar). It tells the true story of Harvey Milk, a promoter of civil rights for homosexuals and gay first to hold public office in the U.S.. A good film, two hours flying, struck by the story and history (in the sense of historical period, and the fascinating live seventies). I appreciated the clarity and accuracy with which it is drawn Milk, a portrait that emerges from the different sides of the character: fragile one hand, strong hand, especially a person who understands that things need to change the overall power. A good film, I said, even though I thought excites me the most, maybe because I went to the cinema too full of expectations. In any case, I recommend watching at all. Because if there is one thing that is useful to remember is the way we were, how we came to civil rights that we are today (in general, not just for gays), as the danger of going back is always around the corner and there are still many things to do. "We must give hope to people." True, but now also serve as the facts.

In this regard I would like to talk for a moment Obama, the new president of the United States. It 's strange, or perhaps not, but this time the light comes from America. A positive light, it seems. And 'soon to tell but early signs seem to speak for themselves: it changes course.
next closure of Guantanamo. No more torture by the U.S. Army. Massive investment on renewable energy and new anti-pollution laws very severe. Dialogue with the Arab and Muslim world.
Well I think that in less than a month's work, these signals are enormous. I hope that everything goes well and that Barack will work without heavy braking due to the lobby.

I would say a few words for a person who is gone from Saturday. Remember the challenge to Sgarbi in a Sicilian town about two months ago? A boy cries former minister and current mayor of Salemi (Tp) his convictions for fraud against the state for defamation against the anti-mafia prosecutor Gian Carlo Caselli and shouting "Long live the anti-mafia pool! Viva Caselli." A young man who rebels against the crap that surrounds it, the same characters that have always been there, full of power, even convicted criminals for serious crimes. Joseph Gati is fed up, like Sicily and is tired, he wants to law and justice. On his website a few days later he writes: "He approached a man in civilian clothes, who claims to belong to the police and tries to search me because he wants the camera (which took away my friend). I say it can not do it and He threatens me and makes me a hand on him. After I get caught and taken to a secluded room, where the police take me documents and phone. I ask to see a lawyer (there was one room that he wanted to defend myself) to know my rights, but I say no. I identify and frisk me. Then I told him to call my friends, to hand over the camera, but I refuse. Here comes again the alleged member of the police and says quietly that he will tell me that he was assaulted and threatened by me. Do not make me talk, I can not defend. After over an hour and a half I took my leave with this sentence: You have to understand that you put against Sgarbi, who was honorable and minister. "
Joseph died Saturday while working, he had gone to get milk from a shepherd and is died electrocuted as he opened the valve of the coolant tank of milk. And 'dead inside a tavern with wood, dirty. accident, tragic and shameful death on the job or as the "suicide" of Peppino Impastato, or the anarchist Pinelli who throws from the windows of police headquarters in Milan? In 2009 and we would be right to believe that it was just a serious accident at work, what still absurd and unjustifiable. I do not know it's hard not to have suspects in today. Well anyway I want to say thanks to Joseph Gati, for his courage, his will to fight, because if we all had more strength to cry out things might change.


Song of the day: "Sima Edy - Dub Colossus . A project born from the meeting in Ethiopia between English Nick Page (Transglobal Underground) with local musicians. A short article for more information in my Rockol Selected. Meanwhile ascoltatevi something fresh fresh debut album "In A Town Called Addis". Dub, reggae, jazz, electronic ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment